Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When He Speaks


Have you ever had God repeat something to you, over and over again. I love it when He does that. Those that say God doesn't talk to us...probably aren't listening. He speaks to us in different ways. Through words of a song, verses that keep popping up, words of a friend, circumstances and situations...just to name a few.

Lately, I've been feeling really convicted about what I'm putting into my body. Not food wise, but what I'm reading, watching, listening to...you know, consuming that way. The Lord has been dealing with me and has put me through a refining fire. This topic has come up with my Young Adult group at church as well as in my own private studies. He has shown me that in my life, it definitely does matter what I put in. The bible clearly states that our thoughts and actions are a result of what pours out from the heart. If we are filling our heart with vulgar, secular things, those type things are likely to pour out.

I read a verse this weekend that I'd like to share:
"Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you." - James 1:21

That is pretty cut and dry to me. I hope and pray that I can do a better job of watching what I allow in. This is hard sometimes because there are certain songs, tv shows, movies and books that I just love...but they don't edify God. I am praying that He will help me replace those secular things with things that are fitting, so that I will reflect His glory! This is something that does not come easy for me...but I know He has called me to work on this.

I love it when He speaks to me! I owe Him to try!



No comments: