Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My New JOB!


I am so happy to share my new job with you all! Since staying home to homeschool Kameron, things have been a little tight in the finance department. Although I know that the Lord approves of our decision for me to stay home, I also want to try and help give us a little more breathing room! I've done Direct Sales before...but I was in college. By the way...College + Direct Sales = DISASTER! That experience left quite the bad taste in my mouth for it! Anyway, I was at a friend's house last weekend (watching the STEELERS whoop another team) (I can't remember who the other team was...thus the jewelry thing!) and she pulled out her Silpada catalog and asked me if I had any Silpada jewelry. "No," I said. "I can't afford it!" She nodded and let me look through the catalog as well as see her little collection she had purchased over the years. I was hooked! Not only did I find that I was in LOVE with the beautiful sterling silver jewelry, but I could make money selling it! My friend is not into direct sales, she just truly loves the product. After much prayer and discussion with my husband, I contacted a wonderful lady, Ruth Brown, and she has guided me through the process of becoming a Representative for Silpada jewelry. I am so excited...nervous, but excited! One great thing about it is I get to get out of the house and have fun with other women...trying on jewelry!! I need this so much! Since some of the jewelry is pricey...there is an amazing way to earn LOTS of FREE jewelry if you host a party, which is sooo cool!! I hope and pray that I can find some friends to host parties for me so that I can start to make some money with this. I pray that the Lord will bless my efforts to try and earn a little extra money for our home. I'm so excited to be having my first party - an open house - at my home on Friday, February 4 from 6:30 - 8:00. It is a Drop-In and I'll have finger foods as well as a glamorous display of Silpada jewelry that I have purchased for my business! I can't wait!! I truly hope some of my friends show up...there is always a fear no one will come :0(. If you're interested in seeing the product...PLEASE, call me, e-mail me or better yet, visit my very own site:
www.mysilpada.com/shannon.probst
Thanks, Ya'll, for letting me vent about this new venture in my life :0) Maybe I'll see some of you at a party!!


1 comment:

Christi said...

Wow Shannon! Good Luck! I have tried direct sales in the past for the same reason as you, and I flopped terribly. I think I am too lazy and too shy to get out there and sell. The jewelery is pretty and you are outgoing and confident so I am sure you will do great!