Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Loving Me Through Faults and Fumbles


“The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.” I found this quote today by James W. Riley. It about sums up what I'm feeling right now. Have you heard the saying that for every one negative comment it takes seven positive comments to outdo the negative? (I may be a little wrong on the number seven...it may be one or two less...but you get the picture.) That's what today has felt like to me.
I am so thankful for people who are in my life that will be honest with me. There are only a few people I can count on to really tell me the truth. One such person was completely honest with me today, and I am so thankful for him. We are often oblivious at how others view us. Since we are not looking at ourselves from the outside, who we perceive ourselves to be and how others perceive us can be quite different. Sometimes learning how others perceive you hurts. Bad. Sometimes learning how others perceive you does you good. I don't know why I'm rambling on...I'm probably making no sense to anyone but myself...but today I'm using this blog as a sort of therapy for myself! One thing I do know is that I try my best to live my life for the Lord. I know I will let man down, because I am human. So I hope and pray no one expects me to be perfect! But I know I have a Lord who loves me with all my faults fumbles! I know I am where He wants me to be, and I know He holds me in the palm of His hand.

No comments: