Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Out of my Comfort Zone


A couple of Sundays ago, my husband preached a message on the "Idol of Control." (You can click here to read his blog/sermon if you want). I've written previous posts on my control issue. It is embarrassing, really, just how much of a control freak I am! For instance, just to give you a glimpse into the life of me...the control freak:

  • the toilet paper roll ALWAYS has to be facing over, not under

  • when Kevin is driving at night and he has his bright lights on, I often have to sit on my hands so as to not reach over and turn them off (when I see he's not doing it "fast enough") as on oncoming car approaches

  • I'm an interrupter...poor Kevin...he hardly ever gets to finish a sentence

  • shower curtains need always be CLOSED when not in use

  • I do the finances...'nough said

I could go on and on and on. I have researched this little issue of mine some, and from what I've found, people who, as children, were often not able to control perilous situations in their lives (I was adopted at age four...bad situation...I'll blog about it some day) often take an over-controlling roll as an adult. Yep. That's me!

I think it is awesome that God has a sense of humor. I am so thankful for His amazing grace that I so do not deserve. I have been made all to aware of my control issue for quite some time now. God's sense of humor comes in to play right when I'm all to aware of my need for healing in this control area of my life. He has asked me to do something that I am not at all comfortable with. It is going to be a challenge...and since it is not in my comfort zone, I have no choice but to let HIM be in control. I don't know quite how to be in control of this situation. I am insecure about it, but know He has called me to do this. I will blog more about it in January, but if you do read this blog, can you join me in praying that I will be able to relinquish control to Him and rely on Him through this change in my life? I would greatly appreciate it!!

No comments: