Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wait!

After hearing Kevin's message at church this morning, I have decided I definitely have a "WAIT" problem. (You can check out his sermon notes HERE.) I think this week's message really hit home to a lot of people. He spoke about the process that God often allows us to experience of simply waiting. It is not because God is not capable of giving us an answer, but yet it is because He has something to teach us while the waiting is going on. There is an issue in both Kevin and my life right now that we are waiting on an answer about. Several times we've been tempted to take matters into our own incapable hands in order to at least not have to wait any longer. Yes, we've prayed about it. Many times. But I know that it is the experiences we are going through right now that are shaping us for when God is ready to reveal the answer to us. Not one time in my life has God left me on my own when I needed his advice or his direction.
I am thankful that I have a God that cares enough about me to not give me everything I want and/or to not give things to me all the time at the time I want them. Like a loving parent, He knows what is best for me...and He cares enough to teach me to wait for it!

1 comment:

Kevin Probst said...

All things come round to him who will but wait.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow