Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Five Years Ago...

Five years ago the most wonderful thing in the world happened to me. I became a mother. One day I'll write the whole story, but for now, I'll shorten it. My husband and I traveled to Orem, Utah after breathlessly waiting for Kameron's birthmother to sign over custody. In the wee hours of the morning on November 2, 2005, we entered a hotel room where a social worker handed Kameron over to us. I will never forget the first time I saw him, smelled him, felt his warmth and heard his cry. He was three months old and I fell instantly in love! Since that day my life has been filled with such ... LIFE! His energy, personality and love for life are one of the things that make my world go round. Thank you, Lord, for this most precious gift, and for allowing me to be Kameron's mother!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Enjoy the day, Shannon. . .he is a little miracle for you and Kevin to enjoy ;)

Jodie said...

That phone call from you was one of the greatest of my life! Happy "Gotcha" Day, Kam!