Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fortunate

Ready for week two! Kameron and I had a great time last week. It was a bit difficult getting into the routine and finding time for household things that needed doing as well, but I figure with some practice and determination we're going to do just fine! I was amazed at what the curriculum got into last week. He is reading up a storm and even wrote his own story! It is a keeper, that's for sure. It is written in true blue boy form. It went from Pat the rat being fat to Pat the rat being blown up and turning into a human! So special to me :0) One of our books is an Encyclopedia with a lot of pictures. He found a picture of a mummy and has been fascinated with it this past week. He keeps asking me, "Can we learn about the mummies today?" I can't wait to tell him that Wednesday of this week we'll be learning about those mummies! I'm excited that he's excited. It does my heart good! Here we are making a mammoth necklace after learning about the first people and what they wore. It was a lot of fun and he really got into it! Next, we studied the four seasons, and my son, who doesn't normally like to draw, created a beautiful poster describing the seasons at our house! It truly makes my heart glad that he is having such a positive experience. I am so very fortunate to be able to stay home with him. I thank God every day.

No comments: